Diamond Microdermabrasion is beneficial for all skin types but especially for anyone who wants improvement on specific conditions such as:
• Sun damage
• Age spots
• Acne scarring and acne hyper pigmentation
• Blackheads and whiteheads
• Appearance of fine and deep lines (wrinkles)
• Loss of elasticity and firmness
How Often Should I have Diamond Microdermabrasion?
A series of treatments every 2 weeks is highly recommended in order to achieve optimal results. After the series is completed maintenance every 4-6 weeks is advised. A home skincare regimen prescribed by your esthetician is essential to complement and enhance the results of the microdermabrasion treatment.
How Should I Prepare for the Treatment?
Stop using at least 5 days before and after the procedure:
• Alpha – Beta Hydroxy Acids
• Retinol, Retinoic Acid (Tretinoin), Differin, and any other prescription strength topical
• Benzoyl peroxide
• Chemical depilatories
• Waxing, laser treatments, electrolysis
• Facial scrubs or other types of exfoliants
• Sun bathing or tanning
What Happens After The Treatment?
• Skin will appear smoother and radiant
• Your skin may appear slightly pink or feel mildly sunburn which is a normal result of the procedure
• You might experience skin tightness, dryness or flakiness which is a sign of skin repairing and renewal in the following weeks
• Keep skin well hydrated and avoid sun exposure to prevent hyper pigmentation. SPF 25 or higher is strongly recommended
• As a precaution, avoid saunas, exercising, swimming and anything that could tingle or irritate the skin for at least 3 days
• DO NOT use Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinols e other forms of vitamin A, any exfoliants or astringents on the skin for 5 days after the treatment
• If swelling or pain occurs it might indicate a possible infection and must be reported.